In this video, we assessment a few of the claims Sen. Kamala Harris and Vice President Mike Pence made throughout the vice presidential debate on Oct. 7.
- Harris falsely claimed Trump’s China commerce battle value 300,000 manufacturing jobs. The U.S. gained 146,000 manufacturing facility jobs throughout the first 18 months after the tariffs took impact.
- Pence steered that it’s unknown what’s inflicting local weather change. But scientists have an excellent concept of what’s inflicting local weather change: people.
- Harris stated President Donald Trump had referred to as the coronavirus “a hoax.” Trump stated he was referring to Democrats discovering fault along with his administration’s response to the coronavirus, not the virus itself.
- Pence repeated the false declare that the Obama administration left the Strategic National Stockpile “empty.”
- Pence claimed that Biden and Harris “want to abolish fossil fuels and ban fracking.” Biden’s local weather change plan requires a ban on new allowing on public land; most fracking happens in private areas.
Editor’s Note: Please take into account a donation to FactCheck.org. We don’t settle for promoting. We depend on grants and particular person donations from individuals such as you. Credit card donations could also be made by our “Donate” web page. If you like to provide by verify, ship to: FactCheck.org, Annenberg Public Policy Center, 202 S. 36th St., Philadelphia, PA 19104.
This truth verify is on the market at IFCN’s 2020 US Elections FactChat #Chatbot on WhatsApp. Click right here for extra.